Unregistered Nurse Booking’s Dana Murphy didn’t just outdo last year’s U+N Fest; she set the bar immeasurably high for next year. The two-day festival primarily residing at Ottobar featured an knock-out lineup of strong talent– rising, buzzed, legendary and otherwise. Between the main stage, pre and day parties at other venues, multiple DJs and a generator show at a super secret location, each band was a prime example of the flexibility of a genre that’s stereotypically so devoted to tradition. Between original garage soul punks The Gories making their only area appearance just for this fest, and rising bands like Hunters and Ex-Cult rounding out CMJ routes, the genre’s many facets were present and well represented.
- Ed Schrader’s Cats on the Lake t-shirt promos
- Wet Brain (yes, the whole band) performing the most polite stage dives I have ever seen
- Multiple musicians in the pit to watch other bands
- Matt Korvette of Pissed Jeans giving the title of cutest couple of the night to a very embarrassed pair of just friends
- Matt Korvette proceeding to untie the “boyfriend’s” shoe
- A PBR footie pajama onesie
- THE GORIES!
Onto some photos.
DAY ONE: Ed Schrader's Music Beat, Hunters, Ex-Cult, Roomrunner, and Pissed Jeans
DAY TWO: Wet Brain, Wild Honey, Peach Kelli Pop, Weekend, The Gories